Internet Explorer Troubleshooter

Have you ever had a performance hit while using Internet Explorer browser? I had a slow internet explorer problem today and I followed the following steps :
I always check for a perfect internet connection and make sure that it works fine. This is the reason behind slow internet explorer in many scenarios. As expected, my connection had a problem and I fixed it. I wanted to know if there is any tool that will help me in troubleshooting internet explorer. I have Windows 7 OS with Internet explorer 8 installed as the default browser in it.
I found information on an interesting tool called as Internet Explorer Troubleshooter.
Start->Control panel->Troubleshooting. Click on View All on Left Hand Side Pane. This launches trouble shooting tool. Click on Internet Explorer Troubleshooting. Click on Next and this checks for defective add-ons. We can check and remove them. This will improve the performance of Internet Explorer