Evolution From Monad To Powershell

I wanted to blog few articles on windows automation. I know that there are plenty of ways to automate tasks in windows. I've made use of Shell scripting in my Linux system to automate operational tasks. I wanted to do the same in windows.
Windows scripting starts with simple batch scripts with .bat extension that can be run in DOS command line. Apart from this WSH (Windows Scripting Host), VBScripting are few other ways of automation.
i heard that latest technology in Windows automation is Windows Powershell. I see plenty of Windows programmers, .NET programmers, Windows system engineer, system administrator, database administrator, network administrator jobs asking for powershell skill set as a mandate. So, I thought of creating few useful posts on windows powershell. Lets start with evolution of powershell from Monad to Powershell.
It was on 2002 Monad came into existence. It eventually developed into today's most powerful powershell