Incremental Change In Habits Will Bring In Best Benefits In Long run

I'm always a kind of person who try to see some opportunity in every problem. When I took up blogging as my business my friends did laugh at me. They are laughing at me still now. I agree that people will accept your perception when you show results. Its all the ultimate success that matters.
Today I'm going to share with you all some quick decisions I've made during the past one hour. I believe I need to stick to these principles bit by bit so that I can be more productive. Ultimately more productivity will bring in more success.
My first mistake was I check emails 5 times a day, I check my statistics (sitemeter traffic statistics, adsense revenue statistics) thrice a day. These three tasks taken together indirectly kill about 1 hour of mine.
So, what can I do with this one hour? I can create minimum one good quality post which when considered over one year's time becomes 300+ great posts. This again will increase my website traffic by say 3 users per day (on an average I consider the traffic to increase by 1 person per 100 posts), atleast 3 more subscriptions which is 10 users per month(improve my subscription base), increase my alexa rank (I can make more money in private ad sales), increase by google page rank (increase organic traffic). At end of two years I would have made $600+ more by following some simple principles :
1) check email twice a day
2) Check statistics once a day for 3 months and then once in 3 days there after.
These changes will help me improve myself in an incremental fashion and I can achieve big.
This principle has something inherent in it. It has something to do with self-control which is a great quality behind success.