Windows Explorer Process Explorer.exe Start, Stop, Restart

File and folder management are crucial and windows explorer process handles these tasks. Until last month while I was using my old laptop with windows xp installed in it, whenever I want to kill some processes I'll open the windows task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Delete. This will pop up windows task manager with few processes running in it.
Whenever I encounter a processes called explorer.exe and see that it is consuming too much of system resources, I'll go ahead and kill it. this will freeze entire system. Today I took a minute to explore the explorer.exe process in my new Windows 7 laptop.
I tried opening task manger with the same CTRL+ALT+DELETE and I landed in a different screen with plenty of options. Last option was to start Task Manager. I chose it and clicked Next.This launched my task manager.
I learnt that I can kill explorer.exe. From File menu I can choose New Task type explorer.exe and click OK.
Also, I found few interesting command line tools to kill and start explorer.exe
C:> taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
C:> start explorer.exe
To restart the process which is combination of kill+ start above two commands can be put in a notepad and started as explorer_restart.bat file (Files with .bat extension are called as batch files which are DOS script files)