Saccharine Negotiations With Customer Service Give Sweet Results

Today I was talking to one of my friends and enquired about his telephone service. He has an internet telephony as he is an NRI. when I enquired about the cost he does pay for it, I was surprised because he was using it at cost that is 2 years old.So, I thought of discussing some saccharine tips that will help you get sweetest outcome out of your customer service
1) Pose question to customer service representative - Can you provide me the best deal for my current level of service?
2) Will it be possible to have a revision on the price of my current plan
3) I've taken when it was pricey. I stood by your service for 2 whole years. I'm looking for a cool re-negotiation. Can you consider my association period and give me good offer?
4) Are there any discounts available now?
Simple plain terms like give me a discount or lower my price may not work. Upon my advice, he chose to re-negotiate with the method I suggested above. As an element of goodwill they reduced his price plan that saved him $240 per year. Every penny counts. Don't wait.
5) Have knowledge of competitor before negotiation - If for some reason things don't turn as expected it would be better if you have full details of pricing from their potential competitors that will come handy. There is nothing wrong in talking about a comparative service and this might come handy mostly in case of car insurance premium reduction, phone bill reduction, tv service reduction, internet bills to name afew