Apply this simple trick while choosing Travel Credit Card

I'm much interested in redeeming travel statement credit by appropriately applying for travel credit card these days. One thing that makes me stay away from applying for one is that I'm scared of too holding too many credit cards affecting my credit score.
I want to make a home purchase in near future and want a really good credit score. Though I'm prompt with paying my bills , pay all the statement balance in full, holding too many credit cards, opening and closing many bank accounts for sign-up bonuses does affect our credit score. I am somewhat hesitant about it
Now, coming to the trick on travel reward credit card, here is what I've found before few minutes
1) All of a sudden I saw a new service from google called Google Compare
2) I logged into Google compare and compared Credit Cards that fall under their category - Airline Miles
3) As with many bloggers constantly talking about the Barclays Arrival Airline miles card, I found both of them really interesting - Barclays Arrival Plus WorldElite Master Card, Barclays ArrivalWorld Mastercard
4) Here is the trick - When I checked requirements interestingly I found that
4.1) To redeem 20000 points from Barclays Arrival World Master card demands us to spend $1000 within first 90 days of card opening
4.1) To redeem 40000 points from Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite Master Card we need to spend $3000 within 90 days of opening
4.3) Trick Works - Myself and my spouse apply for Barclays Arrival World Master card, spend $1000 totally $2000 within first 90 days to redeem 40000 points. We save annual fee starting second year. Cool isn't it?
You can analyse all the options before deciding on it
However, if you would like to redeem all the 80000 points that translates to $800 in travel statement credit by making a purchase total of $6000 within first 3 months go for other option. Note that this card has an annual fee starting second year whereas the other one doesnt have one