Am I writing too little on my blogposts

This is a question that I get quite often to mention even with the post that I published before few minutes. Being bit by sEO bug that talks about creating original, unique, good quality content creation on daily basis with atleast 1000 to 3000 words, creating on single niche and making website authoritative etc, it happens that we get the feeling of writing too little and not meeting SEO guidelines set by gurus
Here is what I can say based on my experience
1) In this century google crawler looks for original, unique , good quality post which all of us do
2) We can write as much as we can now. Lets not think about size of posts
3) In a personal sticky note make a note of this post title, anytime in near future we might think of adding more content, updating the post we wrote sometime back.This will really help us improve the post and we will come out of this feeling
4) It may not be possible to build skyscrapper in a single day. Same principle does apply to our posts as well. Lets aim to make it sky scrapper over a period of time
5) Trust in your decision - This is essetially important for any entrepreneur and bloggers are no different