Be loyal to your money not the organization holding it

I was talking to some of our friends few days back talking about the loan interest rates. They have mentioned that the rates are are around 12% on home loan. Currently I found that some national banks offer homeloan at 10.5%. This can make huge difference over remaining tenure of loan. So, I shared the information I know of to them
Surprisingly they have turned down this offer and the reason given by them is really strange. As they have been dealing with original lender for a while they are hesitant to move out of the old lender and wanted to stick to them
Money comes with proper planning, careful savings, investment growth. If emotion equation comes into picture we end up losing money. I asked them if the lender will be grateful towards their attitude towards them and help in reducing loan rate. Then they realized the mistake and initiated the loan transfer process