Advantage of paying taxes with credit card

I filed my taxes yesterday and chose to pay the taxes using my Chase Freedom credit card instead of direct ACH transfer from my bank account. The CPA was against this as he had mentioned that I'm making a foolish decision by wasting 1.89% towards processing fees. Here is what I explained him that I'd like to share as money saving tip today 1) I applied for chase freedom credit card last month after doing rough math of my taxes. Chase freedom card comes with $150 cash back bonus that can also be redeemed in form of Chase ultimate rewards that can be used for many different purposes including travel. In my earlier post I've given full details on why I'm maintaining my Chase Sapphire reserve credit card inspite of paying $450 annual fees. The ultimate reward points that I earn towards meeting this spending limit can be redeemed towards travel 1.5 times its value as ultimate reward points can be combined and transferred from Chase freedom card onto Chase Sapphire card. The equivalent cash value becomes $150 x 1.5 = $225 2) In addition to this I earn 1% cashback on my spending in Chase Freedom credit card 3) Chase freedom comes with 15 months 0% APR on purchases. So, I dont have to repay this amount in full. Typically if I repay the minimum balance with $1 extra every billing cycle for next 15 months it is more than sufficient 4) I can park this money in safe instruments like one-year CD. Currently the average rate on one year CD is 2.10%. With 15 months interest it comes around 2.15% APY Now, let us do simple math on processing fee and see if we make more Processing Fee = 1.89% Income Earned by Parking in CD's = 2.15% Cash back rewards = 1% Cashback rewards + sign-on bonus rewards towards travel = 1.5 times $150 plus your tax bill As a whole I save 0.50% minimum towards this if I make use of Chase Freedom credit card. You can apply for Chase Freedom credit card and get this approved today. Interestingly there is no annual fee ($0 annul fee) on Chase Freedom credit card